Current Job Vacancies
Please scroll down to see the full list of job vacancies.
Family Futures Adoption Panel Chair
Family Futures is an Adoption and Adoption Support agency awarded an outstanding rating by OFSTED at our last inspection in 2016. We have a reputation for innovation and offer a high quality service – an integrated multi-disciplinary, assessment, treatment and family finding service for children who are traumatised or have attachment difficulties.
The Permanency Panel Chair is a part time position, i.e. 3 days attendance every 3 months. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join Family Futures at a time when we are planning to relaunch our placement service now that there are once more children with complex needs waiting for parents to adopt them.
Our current chair person is retiring after ten years’ service and we are looking for a new chair who can combine their expertise and knowledge in the field of adoption or fostering but is also willing to embrace the challenge of working alongside an agency that has developed a ground breaking approach to placing children with complex needs.
Due to the complexity of needs that the children we place have, we only make a small number of specialist and highly supported placements each year so the panel meets on average 4 times per year.
Experience in Adoption or fostering is essential.
Further information about Family Futures can be found on our website https://www.familyfutures.co.uk/ and our practice paper Placing Children with Complex Needs contains useful information about our adoption model.
Family Futures is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. The organisation follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and adults at risk of harm, and will require the successful applicant to have a Criminal Records check.
An application pack can be obtained from Paul Todd, HR Assistant, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 020 7354 4161. Should you wish to discuss the role further at an Expression of Interest meeting please contact Paul to arrange a meeting with our Registered Manager.
Salary: Fees negotiable
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 2nd July 2017. Formal interviews, including a written task and a sand tray exercise are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 2nd August 2017.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Adopters for Adoption are looking to recruit a Principal Social Worker to deliver an effective adopter assessment process, in line with statutory and agency requirements in relation to quality, timescales and business plan targets To undertake the Panel Advisor role and maintain the Adoption Panel and its members in line with statutory and agency requirements
- Responsible for the day to day management of the AfA Adopter Assessment and Approval process nationally.
- Advise the chair and panel as required on matters relating to Adopters for Adoption practice, policy and procedure.
- Hold responsibility for the ISWs and ensure the appropriate recruitment, induction, learning, development and training of PAR assessors is completed in line with policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff are supervised/consulted and their personal development needs and performance is reviewed annually
- Allocate the Stage One assessment to an appropriately qualified, checked and experienced assessor. Monitor timescales and quality of work
- Scrutinise Stage one Recommendation and make decisions as appropriate for the assessment to move to Stage 2
- Deliver high levels of customer service and professionalism ensuring this is maintained across the whole adopter assessment journey, including responding to concerns and complaints.
- Ensure that the protection of children and the promotion of their welfare are given absolute priority in all activities and that any safeguarding matters are recorded, investigated and acted upon appropriately and in keeping with AFA and relevant local authority child protection procedures.
- As Panel Advisor ensure that the Adoption Panel is compliant with Adoption Agency Regulations 2005, the Adoption Agencies (Miscellaneous Amendments) 2011 and the Adoption Agencies (Panel and Consequential Amendments) Regulations 2012. The Adoption Agencies (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2013
- Hold a Social Work qualification as recognised by the HCPC or equivalent body
- Registered as a social worker with the HCPC
- Experience of working with children and families as a Senior Supervising Social Worker in Adoption
- A proven ability to produce high standard of reports and analysis including experience of completing a PAR assessment of carers
- Understanding on Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment practices
- Knowledge of the Adopter Recruitment process from enquiries to approval.
- An understanding and practical application of the use of IT and electronic communications, including the use of Microsoft Office
This is a full time permanent position with a salary of up to £38,000 per annum + excellent benefits.
This post can either be based from our Bromsgrove office or homebased however travel to Bromsgrove will be required 1/2 times per week.
Adopters for Adoption is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
For more details, email email@example.com quoting reference number 2007. You will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.
To place a job advert here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org