Keeping Adopted Children Safe Online: Safeguarding and Digital Engagement
10 August, 2022 at 10:00am - 4:00pm
Bespoke training course delivered by Tammie Redman, a qualified Safeguarding Consultant
Who this is for
Adoption practitioners and managers (Voluntary Adoption Agencies, Regional Adoption Agencies and Local Authorities), Independent Professionals and other professionals who are working with children.
In this bespoke training session, we will consider key facts, statistics, and research about the internet and mobile technology and the way it’s used by children and young people. The internet saves us so much time and means information is at our fingertips, but also creates risks. As professionals, we need to identify the risks it may create for us, the risk it creates for adopters and also the risks for children.
“It was a real eye opener! Very real about the different areas where there are high risks. And giving practical tools to help educate and reduce the risk…” – Attendee, 27th July 2021
You will explore the potential risks and benefits of technology & the specific risks to children who have been adopted.
“It was extremely useful to raise my awareness around safety. I is really difficult to help parents with this put falls of internet safety and I now feel I can at least be of some use.” – Attendee, 8th March 2022
- Identify what is being accessed by young people and look at the biggest risks
- Consider online safety for the adopter- dos and don’ts
- Keeping your own social media safe and secure
- Raise and discuss internet safety with young people
- How perpetrators use the internet and mobile technology for targeting, grooming, and abusing young people
- Think about why young people often do not disclose what’s happening to them.
- Identify what controls can be used and where to locate the instructions for implementing
- How to report concerns around internet
- Provide information on resources that can be accessed and used by young people, parents, and professionals
You will leave the training equipped with:
- CPD certificate
- Copy of the presentation
- Links to supporting information
- Risk assessments for use with children and adopters
- Examples of internet agreements to be used
- Link to Dropbox with additional information and guidance including leaflets and toolkits
A member of staff will be in touch with attendees one week prior to the event to share a pre-event delegate pack.
If you have any questions regarding this webinar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to answer your query within two working days.
CVAA accept online payments only. In case you do not have instant access to your company card, we suggest using your personal card instead to book a training event and claim it back with your agency in your expenses. Requesting an invoice to pay for our standard practice events is not possible.