CVAA data 2021/22: Briefing for CVAA members
This presentation, available to download here, sets out the data on children adopted through a VAA in 21/22.
Key messages and context is included within the slides.
The data set is prepared to enable members to improve their agency level planning based on sector wide data and any trends we can discern as we build multiyear returns. The data is also used by CVAA in discussions with government and in policy influencing activity.
Overview and purpose of the CVAA data collection – reminder
The annual CVAA data collection is underpinned by the following five goals:
- To help members better understand their own agencies and their position in the sector
- To help agencies better understand the overall system in which they are operating
- To promote the strengths of the VAA sector
- To lobby for change where the data shows children and families are being poorly served by the system
- To support quality improvement in the VAA sector.
CVAA will support the membership through using the data to:
- Highlight when children and families are being poorly served by the system with government and other stakeholders and lobby for change
- Celebrate the successes of the VAAs and provide constructive challenge
- Provide evidence-based messages to incentivise cooperative working between the voluntary and statutory sectors
- Connect members with similar concerns to support peer mentorship
- Support high-quality adoption and business practice in the voluntary sector.